Translate

Monday, January 12, 2015

Through December

I've been to the mountain left my tracks in the snow
Where souls have been lost and the walking wounded go
I've taken the pain no girl should endure
But faith can move mountains
Faith can move mountains of that I am sure.

Just get me through December
A promise I'll remember
Get me through December
So I can start again.

- "Get me through December" Allison Krauss
I have taken so much away from this song during these cold, wet and shadow drenched days. I have the love and light of home; even so the soul wanders down the sheer passes of my mountain mind. I think of the losses of the Dying Time, bidding goodbye to some the fiercest joys of the flesh and giving farewell to soft orange kittens with white feet. From this song I have taken peace, I have touched the face of serenity and laid down in comforting arms, knowing no pain and slipping into the softest of lavender kissed sleep.

"Get me through December" is from Allison Krauss' album "A Hundred Miles or More."

It is a wonderful song to sit and sip cold pressed Red Jacket apple juice watch the night waltz in like a beautiful woman in a black ball gown. This post isn't really about homesteading but about the homesteader, a piece of her joy shown to make her human. We will return to the want of the farm and thoughts of goats and fresh eggs, to the pyment steadily dropping out yeast and of the sourdough starter in the baking cabinet.

Until then, listen to this song and know sweet joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment