Translate

Thursday, May 28, 2015

Everyone at work thinks I'm crazy.

And, you know, they just might be right. Maybe...it is a little crazy to want this life were you spend the majority of your time bound to the home because the dairy goats need to be milked twice a day. To want to rely on the skill of your own two, tired and callous hands to knit a scarf from 100% wool. Maybe wool that you spun yourself, from sheep you have raised from lambs at the bottle. Crazy that you would want to grow your own acorn squash because let's face it, squash might be the biggest bully in your garden. Pushy, demanding over space and nutrients. Wouldn't it be easier to go to a Super Target and buy the milk, the scarf, and the squash? Wouldn't it just be easier to walk over to Michael's next door and decorate your home like it was a Pinterest board.

Maybe but to me, that sounds more and more strange the older I get.

More over, that would drive me crazy with a capital "C".

 So I get strange looks from the folks at my job because I am the girl...the woman with the Mother Earth News magazine in her purse. A purse that is really a library book bag. Who talks about the price of corn, the length of the squash and the rain. Who loves goats and wants them very badly. Who weeded the garden last night in her work pants and got them covered in dirt and grass stains.

Who is blissful in the knowledge she is working toward a self made life.

So I draw some odd looks. I don't mind. I'm a tough little squash myself and I just keep growing.

No comments:

Post a Comment