Translate

Thursday, September 10, 2015

Happy Birthday, Heart of Home!




September 6th 2015 saw the one year birthday of this blog, Heart of Home: Finding My Homestead.

It has been
365 days since this blog was first created, back in the early part of September 2014. I have just read One Woman Farm again, third time around, when I decided to start writing my story. I toyed with the idea of keeping a leather journal and using a burgundy ball point pen to record the story of moving forward to the homestead. 


I couldn't do that.

I wanted this story to be told to the world because, ultimately, this was about getting others the encouragement they need to change their life. That is exactly what my journey is all about. Changing my life from an endless cycle of grocery stores and blind consumption of what was cheap and empty. It was running away, rightfully screaming for both fear and raw joy, from a concrete jungle and an endless desert of glass and plastic. It was all about getting back to where the cool, wet air was fresh upon my face. It was in the moist earth and bright greens. 


It was about taking back my story book and adding my own colors. 

So this is a celebration of freedom, of finding my heart's desire and peace with nature.






No comments:

Post a Comment