Translate

Monday, January 11, 2016

Love for you, as the world falls down

David Bowie: January 8th 1947 - January 10th 2016
The Clan, my friends both LARPer and SCAdian, and I mourn the death of glam rock star and pop icon, David Bowie. At sixty nine years old and only two days after the debut of his new album, Blackstar, David Bowie fell to the ravages of the cancer he had been battling for so very long. The Labyrinth itself seems to cry out for the loss of it's beautiful Goblin King. As if it touches me, I feel magic itself shudder. So many believed in him and so many still do. I take this day to raise a glass of my own pyment, bottled yesterday afternoon, to drink in honor of this courageous man who was both a riot of joy, boundless creation and a warrior of his time. 

Until the next turn of the wheel, Jareth.

Come away, a human child
To the waters and the wild
With a faerie hand in hand
For the world's more full of weeping
Than ye can understand...

No comments:

Post a Comment