Translate

Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Seizing the Year

2016 began and I already knew my life was changing. I was going to the gym regularly, at least once a week. I was eating less carbs and less overall. I was debating going back to school to pursue higher education; the homestead dream takes heart, work ethic, faith and money. I had the first three in spades but money...well that was only going to come by putting myself in the position to earn it. All adult members of the Clan contribute to the homestead fund but I knew I could be doing more.

So, I filled out the FAFSA.

I applied to Pellisippi State College.

I started researching scholarships.

I began looking for a part time job.

I am pleased to tell you that when I contacted a former professor of mine, he agreed to writing me a letter of recommendation to satisfy a scholarship requirement. I received my letter of acceptance to Pell State and hope to start classes in May 2016. I did some cleaning work and now am looking for a more regular scheduled job to earn more money for our future homestead. 

I am pleased to also tell you I have started going to the gym 3 times a week. 

The achievements of a sub rural girl going back to school and working out at the city gym doesn't sound like the voice of a agricultural blog. Keep in mind, this is part of my journey. I do what I can in the environment that I am currently in. It is my dream that in a few years I will fill the Heart of Home with pictures of feeder pigs and a barn full of hay. We keep moving forward and that is the story to be told here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment