Translate

Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Pleased as punch

Starting August 1st, I will be working part time at Butler and Bailey Supermarket in the Rocky Hill community of Knoxville. I went down to respond to the employment ad last Thursday, filled out the application in store and talked with the store manager. He was very professional and kind, complimented me on my various experience in retail and offered me the job on the spot. He handed me the employee paperwork, W-4, background check and direct deposit form. He told me to call him as soon as I got back from Rhiannon's graduation and he would have me on the schedule for the beginning of August.

I'll start part time and he told me as soon as my schedule opens up, he would like to put me on full time. I am pleased as punch at the state fair.

Financial independence is very important to me. I want to establish credit and good credit at that. It is my ambition that once I am into my forties, I will have established good credit and will be able to then purchase a small house in Knoxville, Tennessee. My intention is to renovate said house and then place the property up for rent. It is a plan that, at this time, is in it's infancy but I have started to make a few steps toward it by playing outstanding debts.

Tonight I will be spicing up ground beer with cumin, browning onions, cooking rice and black beans for something my mother used to make for us often. Black beans and rice was a meal often had in my household when times were tight or mother was pressed for time. Tonight I am making it more for the later reason than the former. It brings me back to a time were I was small and safe under the cocoa brown eyes of my mother's gaze.

No comments:

Post a Comment