Translate

Thursday, August 13, 2015

The quiet morning time


Since Kieran's bus has decided it will no long drive by our house to pick her up, I have taken to driving her to Rockford Elementary and dropping her off at the bus that goes to the high school. As a result, I have a lot of quiet morning time. Parts of the Clan are at work and some at school, while the others sleep as I write. Pai, the family dog, sleeps by her food dish near the front door and Durellen, the family cat, groom himself at my left elbow. Every so often he will meow and reach out to nuzzle me. He is a very vocal, very affectionate fellow in the morning.

I am 2,648 words into my first novel. Most of what I have written in the past have been purely academic papers and non-fiction. Now I set out to write a dark fantasy  novel that will tell the story of betrayal, war, and survival in the shadow of a ancient curse. I hope that I can do this beloved story, which has been written on my heart and soul for many year, justice. The title of my book is Hound's Autumn; I hope to have 10,000 words by the end of August.

I have a list of errands that need doing today. Hopefully, everything will go smoothly.

Gods willing.

No comments:

Post a Comment