Translate

Thursday, August 6, 2015

Time Marches On

I sigh and the house herself seems to breath a sigh with me. It has been a heavy set of days and the needs of the family have overtaken my time. With five additional people visiting in the days after Angela's death, there has been many meals to cook and much house work to stay on top of. Food was made, we have all been taking turns cleaning up after ourselves and my viral bronchitis is almost completely gone. I have made a diet of antibiotics, vitamins, pain killers/fever reducers and vapor rub.  My inhaler has been a god send and I am thankful that my late tax return gave me the resources to visit an after hours clinic when my fever spiked to 102.9 degree.

Time marches on. My body heals and with it, my heart. The pain begins to scab over and I forge ahead. I have cried, grieved and now I must put on a brave face for I have a household to manage and a family to feed. In a minute I will go and unload the clean dishes, dry them and put them up in their respective places. I will put the dirty ones in for cycling and I will wipe down the cabinets with white vinegar. I fold my attention into a batter of needful things to do for the house, for the word has fallen to my hands and I will see it done. Done well and right, as my mother taught me.

In a couple of days, I will go down to a friend's new house to assist with the move in. That will be good work too.

No comments:

Post a Comment