Translate

Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Breath of Spring

Working for Plant Partners has started off a blast. I have had three days of work so far, with tomorrow being my fourth. I hope to do a house cleaning on Friday or sometime this weekend. Working outside in the Garden Center has been more fun and pleasure than I could ever have dreamed. Working with flowers pours light into my soul and I feel my general sense of happiness increasing. I am enjoying the job to much, I have decided to continue to seek plant/flower work after this season has ended for Plant Partners. My Clan, I have come to believe, is best served by me continuing to manage the Clanhold, hold a part time job and continue writing for The Heart of Home.

Let me tell you, it is a relief to actually have a 'game plan', so to speak. While I will not go into the particulars at this time, I will tell you it will involve me containing to work outside the home. So no, I will not be returning to school to pursue a degree but my higher education will come from my own research, my jobs, and my volunteer work.

All of this realization and with Spring coming on strong, I have a smile that won't quit. I have a mind to plant a lot of trees and flowers this year, to create the garden my Clan sister Angela had wanted to put in this year. I hope to put a bench under the dogwood tree and marigolds, white roses, leopard's bane, Georgia blue speedwell, Leland Cyprus on the property in addition to butter lettuce, tomatoes and, with luck, watermelon in the raised bed garden. Most of these flowers will go toward the creation of Angela's memorial garden which will run down the front of the house and down the right side facing.

I chose to do this for her.

Tell me, Readers. What are your plans for the upcoming Spring? Do you have any projects or plants coming in? Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment