Translate

Sunday, December 28, 2014

Sundays and Sleeping In

Oh boy, did I. I can't remember the last time I slept until a quarter until noon but I did this day. A combination of a full belly and heavy rain outside lulled me to a sweet, dream filled sleep. It wasn't until Colin woke me that I realized I had been out so long. Luckily, my daughter was still in her diaper and that diaper had not exploded. Colin threw brunch together from last nights left over components; ham and cheese quesodillas with orange sofrito. Do I need to tell you they were absolutely delicious?

Sitting on the couch after brunch, we watch Lilo and Stitch and then sit down to enjoy some Led Zeppelin. My daughter makes up her own dance to the sound of Ramble On; it brings a smile to my still sleepy face. Then in the middle of dancing my dear girl slips and falls, tears springing to those little blue eyes.

The tears don't last long but it is good thing to give comfort.

One of my presents at Yule was Ree Drummond's The Pioneer Woman Cooks: Food From My Frontier. Today, I will me making a take on her Steakhouse pizza. I'll post pictures and the recipes, both original and my adaptation later today. Her opening words about this recipe really caught my eye.


"Warning: If you make this for a dude, he will love you forever. So make sure the dude is someone you don't mind loving you forever. Otherwise it could be a little inconvenient ."

-Ree Drummond, The Pioneer Woman Cooks: Food From My Frontier pg. 142

No comments:

Post a Comment