Translate

Thursday, March 26, 2015

Winds of Change

As I sit on my bed, Winter Chill Wood Chuck cider by my lap, I listen to the sweet notes of Lonesome River Band and the soft, steady fall of the rain. The last gasp of winter seems to be hovering just on the horizon, a chill coursing down from the mountains into the lows of the valley. They are not the long winds of change a-blowing. My workplace environment is becoming very hostile and I have started look for a new place of employment. I've put in a few applications but it is very frustrating. I try to concentrate on things other than the stress the needful change creates in me. Things like being grateful for the rain, no matter how cold it is because it means more flowers in the coming weeks. The delicious dinner in my belly, the cold cider on my lips slowly easing away the aches and trials of the work day. The promise of Friday so near and a week's good pay. The sweet smile of a handsome young man, the laughter of my family downstairs as the storm rolls slowly in. My cat, Durellen, who curls up on my bed, purring so deep and so steady.

Oh yes, I am blessed. No need to tell me that my troubles are small, few and far between.

This change will come and bring with it new challenges and new pleasures. Spring has given me many gifts in her infancy, maybe Summer will be just as kind.

Every day above ground is a good day, for we are grateful for the time we have been given.

No comments:

Post a Comment