Translate

Wednesday, June 24, 2015

I may as well try and catch the wind

Glen Campbell's words ring so true in the humidity and echoes of this hazy summer evening. I reach for understanding and mutual respect. What I feel instead of a firm and equal hand shake is more of a fierce burst of northerly gale.

Without poetry or apology, I am putting in my two week's notice in with my current job. It is time to move on and I have delayed. No longer will I do so. I will put it in on Tuesday, which will be my one year to the date day.

I look toward the things the house needs and a part time position that will still bring cash flown into the household. More time with my daughter eases the pang of disappointment settling in my gut. This isn't a story full of rainbows, kittens and endless sunny days. Sometimes the rain must come.

Even so, I will cherish this rain.

Even as there is rain, there is a ray or two of sunlight.

When I was in Georgia this last weekend for Father's Day I got to see my nephew Eli and my niece, Addilyn Rae.  These was my sister Kim's children and I love them so much my heart aches. The warmth that fills my heart when I see these children, who are just some of the Hood family bloodline, is enough to sooth most emotional hurt.

More to come in the Heart of Home. Stay tuned as we get back to squash gardening and show you a great way to use squash blossom. Yes, another Heart of Home recipe is in tehe works. Hint: This one will require dry active yeast. 


No comments:

Post a Comment