Translate

Thursday, June 25, 2015

The charm of 1884; Welcome to Badlands

My costume attempt, complete with cameo at the throat, of the well to do farm wife of 1884.


Long have I been fascinated by the life of women between 1776 and 1890. I often tell people that I was born in the wrong time, about 100 years too late. 1884 would have been a good alternative birth year for me and I would have hoped to be named "Anne". This red plaid shirt is actually the first of many pieces that will go toward my Badlands character outfit. World of Hashonen: Badlands is a Weird West Larp run by my friends Buddy and Melissa Landreth.

Colin and I will be running their saloon when the game starts, providing historically accurate food and drink to enhance character immersion. It is important we bring the true face of the West to our players. Creating a picture that looks almost like a tintype from the Civil War era shows just a little of how excited I am for this game. Badlands opens for play in August of 2015. Clink the link below for more information about the setting and check our the calender for future event dates.

World of Hashonen: A Heroic Interactive Theater Chapter

Here is also a link directly for the Message Forum. http://hashonen.com/forums/index.php

No comments:

Post a Comment