Translate

Saturday, June 13, 2015

Solace in the miles


It's been  a while since I have really sat down and committed to a post. I have spent some time lost in the concrete jungle, dealing with some of the less pleasant adult duties. Such as paying a speeding ticket, paying bills, navigating toward patience and empathy in the face of chronic illness.  The Clan soldiers on, though fog and fen, each in a way true to their own. I find solace in the garden, watching the squash turn dark green. The broccoli is flourishing and the lavender fills the warm air with the promise of herb pillows to come. Soap but that will be farther down the line, then candles once the bees get here.

Solace is found when we find haven, which could be as simple as a garden full of herbs, a few stitches of thick wool yard in your favorite color or in the heft of a ripening squash.  Such is my haven, home grown and clan sown. Tomorrow the Clan goes forth to review a likely track of land that could be our homestead. The thought makes me as nervous as bride as the veil lifts; so much riding on a promise make long go. Just as the work, I will slide that trepidation onto my shoulders and walk on.

There are miles to go.... miles on my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment