Translate

Monday, June 8, 2015

The pride of the land

Who wouldn't be proud with a bowl full of home grown, organic mustard greens, Brussels sprouts and Swiss chard?

The abundant sun, humidity and weekly ran have been a godsend. In combination with good organic fertilizer and daily cultivation, this little garden patch has been turning over some major green. Brussels sprout leaves, mustard greens, and Swiss chard are the major greens and all the herbs are coming along nicely. The lavender, thyme and basil have bloomed. It looks like a scatter of stars out there, with white, blue and purple flowers. The acorn squash will not be shown up however and the trio are throwing beautiful orange blossoms. Everything is flourishing and the clan couldn't be happier.

I couldn't be more proud and if I smiled any harder, I think my face would explode.

Or I might cry.

No comments:

Post a Comment