Translate

Monday, October 26, 2015

A High Heart

Another beautiful weekend spent in in one of Tennessee's state parks. This past weekend we were at Montgomery Bell State Park just a little ways from White Bluff, TN. A rather testing drive since we had to go to the other side of Nashville but we arrived on Friday night safe and sound. A great weekend spent in the company of friends who live far away, from nearly all corners of the South. I have the true pleasure of spending a good deal of time with someone I have known since the age of seven, a man who is near and dear to my heart in so many ways. All the stock went into making eternal chicken soup for the weekend, which was absolutely delicious. I really enjoyed myself and stole away the pleasure of sleeping in until 2:30pm on Saturday. That is a rare enjoyment when you have a young child. True enough said when Briar Rose woke me up at 7:00am sharp. I took Kieran to school this morning (her alarm clock did not go off in time for the bus) and came back to the quiet house.

My heart is full of smiles and warm feelings; how good it was to see you. My heart is in high spirits indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment