Translate

Friday, October 2, 2015

Weathering the Storm

My plans for visiting Georgia this weekend got nixed by the onslaught of heavy rains here in the TN valley, in addition to being under a flash flood warning until Monday. *sighs* So it goes but I might have a chance to visit both friends and family come the second weekend of October; we'll just have to see what the week holds in store for us. Right now is is 61F, rainy and with little signs of stopping. Which means it is a fluffy sock wearing, hot tea, wrapped in a blanket weekend for me. I might brave the elements to see if the Market Square farmer's market goes on or gets rained out.

So that is my plan. Curl up with a good book, like The Curse of Chalion by Lois McMaster Bujold, and light the candles in my room. Even though the coolness in the house is nice compared to the stifling heat of late August, the hurricane now pounding the Bahamas is driving a cold wind down from the mountains. Fire is ever a comfort, even if it is an emotional and not so much a physical one.

No comments:

Post a Comment