Translate

Sunday, November 2, 2014

Two proverbs from the Heart of Home.

Not the ones we know from the Holy Bible or any documented religious text. These proverbs come from the stitches in a patchwork quilt, the warm glow of a beeswax candle, the clean break in fresh cheese and the summer sweet perfume of homemade raspberry preserves. The first and best loved proverb of the Heart of Home is the very first words written on the top of the blog...

I bend my head and shoulders into the yoke of work, for I have miles to go and miles on my heart. These words are a promise, an oath and a hope as bright as a wildfire burning in my heart with the smell of woodsmoke, cinnamon and truth. The truth of a heart full of a love for something, someone that is just around the corner. We have another proverb, one I have used time and time again when faced with the unpleasant but necessary task of a hard lesson to be learned.

A hard telling for a hard truth.

Sometimes we cannot couch our words and sugar must be left off the meal of hard truth. We are kind when we can be, hard when we must be. It has always been the way of my Clan.



And so I have shared some of our words with you. There will be more as they spin themselves into being, dancing in my head like so many leaves on the wind.

No comments:

Post a Comment