Translate

Sunday, February 1, 2015

Dreamweaver

"Well I've heard the old folks say "You'll never work a day if you like what you do." And I'd say it's probably true. That the only way to find the path to peace of mind is to follow your heart, right from the start. But it's never been as easy as it seems because it is hard to get ahead when you're chasing someone else's dreams. "

-- "Chasing Someone Else's Dream" by Balsam Range

This song never fails to bring happy and frustrated tears to my green eyes. Happy because it encourages me to keep trying and frustrated because I feel like I am working hard and gain is hard to see unless you are looking carefully. I know we are making progress: every week I give a portion of paycheck to the savings account and Colin always shows me the total when I ask. He has asked me to comply a list of available properties and I have found some promising places. I research goats and sheep both, making plans for Italian honey bees in a few months. A thrill of excitement goes through my blood when I realize the bees I have been talking about all winter will be here soon.

Today when Colin gets back from the store, we shall begin racking my pyment. I am giddy as a schoolgirl to begin this next stage of the brewing process.

I will post pictures of the pyment soon. Until then, Happy Sunday and here is to a another blessed work week.

No comments:

Post a Comment