Translate

Thursday, February 26, 2015

Snow Days

It's been more than a week since I have been at work. I have come in a grand total of two and half days since. The world is layered in ice, snow, melt, and refreeze. It makes the comings and goings around Knoxville, Tennessee very challenging. Needless to say, I won't be going anywhere this week between the lack of funds and inclement weather.

All that said, do not thank I am not grateful for the snow. This is much needed water soaking back into the Tennessee River basin, swelling the water table and giving some much needed time to think about the future homestead, search for properties and start writing the outline of my book. The Heart of Home blog is a beloved treasure and project of mine but I feel like it can be more. I am taken the first steps toward a true memoir and it is both exciting and daunting at the same time.


It is my hope that everyone who is stuck inside because of the weather has food, water, warmth and light. To all who had to forge out into the snow, I hope your travel is safe and your work not too difficult. We all have miles to go...

And in the mean time, we get GREAT books to get us along. Look what came in the mail! Through the snow storm no less!


The snow glare makes it hard for me to give a great smile but I am so pleased. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment