Translate

Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Peace of the Pie

Today the temperature hovered in the mid forties and the sky was clear as crystal, a blue so rich and deep it steals your breath for a moment. It was beautiful and the work hours flew by as I bathed my face and soul in the cold, clean light of the work day. Then, as is the case when pleasure rises too high, a reality sharp and severe pierced the peace of the clan. Though no one was hurt in the accident, the Geo is not in good shape and my niece's plans for escaping to The Classic City for spring break were dashed.

Stress wrapped it's coils tight around the Clan tonight but I find peace in doing something I do best.

Making pie crust. 

Cutting up half a pound of unsalted sweet cream, hard from being chilling in the 7 degree meat freezer, adding in King Arthur All Purpose Floud and shifting through my clean fingers until little flecks of butter was merged with the flour. Chilled water added until everything comes today and boom! Pie crust, enough for two crusts for a 9 inch pie.

Saxon pie graces the table and tummies of the Clan this night and the butter crust reminds me that simple pleasures are simple treasures.

What is your simple treasure that provides for you simple pleasure?

No comments:

Post a Comment