Translate

Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Thankful Work

Last night I was pleased as punch. I had managed on a tight budget to buy gifts for a little more than half of the people on my Christmas list. This is so wonderful. I am blessed to have loved ones in my life to gift things to, blessed to have a little money when it is needful and to mostly due without it other times of the year.

As I talk about feeling blessed, I must also speak on being thankful. One of the ladies of the Barony of Thor's Mountain contacted me today to schedule a housecleaning. Since leaving the Maids of Knoxville, I have done house cleaning, organization and yard maintenance for members of our Barony to bring in extra funds when the need has been there. I did this over the late summer for another lady and I am pleased to be doing it again on Thursday morning.

Opportunity knocks but you have to listen. More over, you have to put your ear to the ground and still your breathing because as silent as a doe, opportunity can slide right by you without a breath. I am very thankful to know there are people talking about my good work and I am getting thankful work because of it.

Thanks be. I am well blessed in this life.

No comments:

Post a Comment