Translate

Thursday, December 3, 2015

Thursday Thoughts

The rain blew out and was replaced by deep blue skies today, lanced with white clouds and a bright sun. The wind blew cold from the mountains but the air smelled faintly of wood smoke and the rosemary warming in the morning light. I walked out my door this morning to check the mail and was floored by what a beautiful world we live in. Even when the rain falls for five days straight and the creeks flood over their banks, I can find so many reasons to want to protect this world we live in. Giving back to the land so that it is rich and fertile for future generations, treating animals with love and skill and reusing materials so we can limit waste. Those are just a few things we can do to ensure that our great grand children's children can look up and see a bright blue sky, to see the sun glowing gold in the east, to know the sound of chicken clucking, honeybees buzzing while they tend their comb and lambs baaing to their dams.

If tomorrow is cold and dry, I will go out and gather wood. The high winds have brought down a lot of fallen limbs in the front yard. Good fodder for the smoker. I also think I will walk the neighborhood, looking for any trash on the side of the road. I will take a bag and a pair of gloves with me. It is a small thing to pick up litter but every little bit helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment